Friday 29 January 2016

Time to Celebrate! An Update on my JavaScript Journey



Back in December 2015, I set myself the challenge to Complete the Codecademy JavaScript course in one month (AND to code a binary search algorithm). When I finished the final lesson at 11pm on New Year's Eve it was brilliant! What better way to celebrate than by seeing in the new year! But I feel like I need to do something specifically to celebrate my achievement.

Rewards don't have to be synonymous with escapism


I could have a facial, or go out for a meal, but what has that got to do with programming? I feel like I should celebrate by using my new-found knowledge to create something.

A reward can be (and arguably should be) the furthering of a goal, so I have embarked on another challenge! It's taken me a month to figure out what to do (nothing like a bit of delayed gratification)! But now I have it! I've set myself another challenge: To create five JavaScript apps in five months! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment