Wednesday 14 October 2015

Trigger 'Appy = Consumer of Apps, Creator of None


Necessity is the mother of all mischief


When I was working in the beauty industry, apps like Instagram and Pinterest were pretty much essential for sharing my nail art designs and product reviews. Knowledge of Html & CSS were also and absolute must for maintaining the beauty blog for the business.

I had worked in IT as a project manager up until 4 years ago, and I continued to dabbled with programming languages like python and Ruby, but I underestimated the value they would add to my career in the future.


Absence makes the heart grow fonder


Going to Cuba last year really showed me the importance of being a maker as well as a consumer. There was so much more that I could've done offline if I'd had the know-how. When I got back to the UK, my interest in tech was renewed and now I am totally nuts about tech and coding! Everything in it's right time, as they say.


Self-confessed geek! And I love IT!


I am working in the IT industry full time again as a recruiter and programmer, and I can't shut up about it! I was going to delete the previous posts in this blog about nail art and product reviews, but they are actually still quite relevant. I used my iPhone (when I had it) to take the pictures. I used Instagram to add filters to some of the snaps and share them, and a totes kawaii picture editing app to add some funk to the others! There is also a wacky handset gadget in the post, 'A Few of My Favourite Things' so it's all still relevant.


Instaglamtastic pics for blogs and social media


This blog does have a new name and a new look. I created the banner image using canva.com, which is an amazing site! You can create all the images you need for social media using canva, and the canvases are all pre-sized for the different platforms, so it's really quick and easy.


The future of IT Nut Job


I'll be posting all kinds of tech-related stuff! App reviews, tutorial reviews, latest projects, cool tech updates and some random girly stuff too.


No comments:

Post a Comment